On today’s episode of The His & Her Money Show, we talk about investing, but not from the perspective you might expect. We talk with Danielle Town, daughter of the investing legend, Phil Town, about the other side of investing.
Danielle Town, who calls herself a “non-natural investor”, shares why we need to consider our emotions when we invest and how to use that knowledge to our advantage.
She also shares a unique investing strategy (used by Warren Buffett, himself) to take as much stress as possible out of investing.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN IN THIS EPISODE
- Why investing can feel scary...even for a corporate lawyer and the daughter of a very famous investor
- Dealing with rational and irrational fear in investing
- How to move past the fear of investing
- Becoming comfortable with investing...even if you aren’t a numbers person
- Why should we learn about investing anyway?
- What is inflation?
- What is value investing?
- Why value investing is a good investment for “set it and forget it” and non-natural investors
- Charlie Munger’s 4 principles of successful value investing
- How do you pick a good company to invest in?
- When you should (and shouldn’t) use your emotions to guide your investment decisions
- How do you deal with the emotional roller coaster of investing news?
- Understanding your emotional connection to money