In this episode, we are going to talk about college and money. We will talk about college 529 plans.
Joining us today is Robert Farrington the founder of The College Investor to help us understand this topic and how it can help our kids and grandkids when it comes to how we approach college education financing.
He brings a wealth of knowledge and practical insight on the matter.
What You Will Learn:
- Starting a family while having college debt.
- What is a 529 plan?
- Benefits of a 529 plan to an investor/parent.
- Where to find a 529 plan.
- Best practices when it comes to the 529 plan.
- Limits of a 529 plan.
- How to get your money saved in a 529 plan to pay for tuition.
- Other uses of the money saved in a 529 plan.
- 529 saving plans for a blended family or kids living separately from their parents.
- What happens to your money if your kid gets a scholarship.
- Alternative college savings options.
- Taxable investing accounts for your kids.
Connect with The College Investor