On this episode of The His & Her Money Show, we talk with The Downing Brothers (Anthony & Anton Downing) of HGTV’s “Double Down ” about flipping houses, rehabbing, and all things real estate.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN IN THIS EPISODE
- How to flip real estate using an FHA (Federal Housing Authority) loan
- Requirements of the FHA loan
- The business principles behind the side hustle of real estate investing
- Cheat codes to getting faster approval of your loans
- Workarounds to getting more than FHA loan so you can get more cash flow in less time
- The importance of persistence in real estate investing (Very important for beginners!)
- Tips for adding value to a home to increase it’s worth
- How do you find the right properties and neighborhoods to invest in?
- Good and bad signs of a good real estate deal
- The “Driving for Dollars” technique to make sure you’re seeing a real estate deal from all angles
- Building your real estate investing “success team”
- Successfully vetting the people on your real estate investing team (i.e. contractors, realtors, etc.)
- Building relationships with property managers and the community to decrease the headaches of investing
- Why it’s more expensive to buy cheap and take shortcuts when rehabbing a house
- What to do when bad things happen in real estate investing...and how to prepare for them in advance
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Today’s show is sponsored by Fetch Rewards. Fetch Rewards offers users free rewards on groceries, just by scanning their grocery receipts! Listeners get 2,000 points when they use the code HNHM after signing up and scanning their first receipt.
Thanks for tuning in to us on The His & Her Money Show. If you have any comments or questions about today’s episode, please let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.
If you’ve enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.